Over the last year and a half, we have embarked on an initiative – an initiative spearheaded by our members and their feedback. We have listened, taken input, and as a result are making a major upgrade to the Cape Cod & Islands Multiple Listing Service.
Today, we are thrilled to announce that in February 2017 we will be upgrading our main platform of CCIMLS. This upgrade consists of moving from our current vendor, Rapattoni MLS, to FBS FlexMLS.
This extensive search process has been a direct result of what you have told us. Through surveying, meetings, and forums, you have told us that your priorities are speed, mobility and ease of use. Since our contract with Rapattoni is set to expire next Spring, we took those priorities and formed a MLS Vendor Search Task Force, which included 15 CCIMLS Participants and Subscribers that came from varying backgrounds across our membership to examine the best products in order to upgrade to meet those needs.
The task force did their due diligence, meeting with Rapattoni, the three largest MLS vendors (Core Logic, Black Knight and FBS), and a start-up initiative that proved too new to explore. In the end, the task force made a recommendation to the Board of Directors to further explore FBS FlexMLS.
Over the last three months, the Board of Directors, directed our CEO, Ryan Castle, to start negotiating a potential contract with FBS in consultation with our attorneys. During that time, the Board of Directors wanted additional feedback from you; so Ryan and Greg Murphy, who is the President- Elect of the Association and MLS and the MLS Vendor Search Task Force chair, set out to hold forums and meetings across the Cape gathering feedback and talking to members. That feedback was overwhelmingly positive for the direction of the upgrade.
As such, the Board of Directors recently reviewed a contract proposal that was negotiated by our CEO and attorneys with FBS, and ultimately, voted to approve the new MLS vendor contract.
Here are the next steps:
- Over the course of the rest of the year, CCIMLS staff will be working with FBS to build out a customized FlexMLS software system for use by CCIMLS.
- The MLS Vendor Task Force will be used as a beta group for suggestions and input as the system gets built out.
- CCIMLS will run parallel on both systems for several weeks in February in preparation for the complete upgrade.
- Contacts, listings and all property history data will convert over to the new system.
- Extensive training will be held throughout Cape Cod, Nantucket and Martha’s Vineyard throughout February, March and April to make sure you have enough opportunities to be trained on the upgraded software.
- We have established a web presence where you can easily find continuous updates on the CCIMLS upgrade and we have conveniently named it www.CCIMLSupgrade.com.
We would like to give you a little insight about the company we will be partnering with in the future – FBS. Their only product is FlexMLS. They are an employee-owned company. They have more than 200 MLSs and more than 200,000 agents on their system throughout the country.
A couple of the markets they are in include, the Berkshire Association of REALTORS® MLS in Massachusetts, the Greenwich Association of REALTORS® MLS in Connecticut, the Beaches MLS in West Palm Beach, Florida and the Aspen Association of REALTORS® MLS in Colorado.
Here is a video about the company: