The BOD and Data Syndication Committee are proud to announce we have reached a direct feed agreement with Zillow, which will ensure listing attribution and accuracy.
What does this mean for you?
This means, instead of funneling listings through a third party syndicator, we will provide a feed directly to Zillow, receiving negotiated benefits for access to our data. This also means, if there are any issues with the display of a listing on Zillow, we can have those errors corrected within 24 hours; statuses and prices will be updated every 2 hours at a minimum.
What are the benefits to you?
Here are some highlights:
- Listing agent will appear first and with “Listing Agent” designation and no one (except for the listing agent) can be pre-checked to be contacted.
- CCIMLS Data trumps all other data sources unless also sourced from listing agent/broker.
- Ratings and reviews accepted only from “buyers and sellers who have communicated or worked with an agent”. Agents may opt out of ratings and reviews by removing or not creating a profile. With this agreement, if a CCIAOR member has a review not from a buyer/seller the agent has worked with, there is a mechanism to remove that review.
- Leads distributed to listing agent will be free if consumers choose to contact listing agent through Zillow.
- Zillow will not alter content of data provided by CCIMLS.
- Zillow will post a redirect link to agent/broker URL.
- Zillow will provide error reports, remove bad data, and make changes within 24 hours.
- Search results will be based on search criteria and not paid placement.
- As with the current system, brokers and agents may opt-out of providing their listings to Zillow simply by selecting to do so right within the MLS.
If you have further questions, please contact our office at 508-957-4300 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.