The Large Firm Director is elected for a three (3) year term to the Board of Directors. The Large Firm Director must be associated with a firm that has thirty-one (31) or more Participants and Subscribers of CCIMLS.
To be eligible to run as Large Firm Director you must meet the following criteria:
- Currently be a Participant or Subscriber of the Cape Cod & Islands Multiple Listing Service;
- Currently be a REALTOR® member of CCIAOR in good standing;
- Have been a CCIAOR REALTOR® for the last 3 years;
- Have no finding of REALTOR® Code of Ethics Violations in the last 3 years;
- Must be associated with a firm with thirty-one (31) or more Participants and Subscribers of CCIMLS;
- Have not served as CCIMLS Immediate Past President in the past 24 months;
- Have not resigned from the CCIMLS Board of Directors in the past 24 months;
- Have not served more than two (2) consecutive terms as a Director, including Secretary/Treasurer without a 24-month hiatus.
The Board of Directors is responsible for governing CCIMLS. The Board steers the organization towards a sustainable future by adopting sound, ethical, and legal governance and financial management policies, as well as by making sure CCIMLS has adequate resources to advance its mission.
Responsibilities of Board Members include:
- Attend the Leadership Orientation program in January and Board of Director meetings on a monthly basis;
- Adhere to the Policy Manual and Bylaws and fulfill fiduciary duties of care, loyalty and obedience;
- Determine and advance CCIMLS’ mission, purpose and strategic plan and shape the development of policies and initiatives that keep the organization on track;
- Conduct organizational planning, ensure adequate resources and provide resource and financial oversight including approval of the annual budget;
- Promote the organization and the value of being a member and serve as a communication liaison between CCIMLS and its members;
- Keep abreast of technology, business and regulatory changes that impact CCIMLS and its members;
- Ensure legal and ethical integrity and maintain accountability;
- Support the CEO and staff and assess the performance of CCIMLS;
- Be an active participant in CCIMLS activities and programs;
- Help develop future leaders.