The Small Firm Director is elected for a three (3) year term to the Board of Directors. The Small Firm Director must be associated with a firm that has ten (10) or fewer members of CCIAOR.
To be eligible to run as Small Firm Director you must meet the following criteria:
- Currently be a REALTOR® member of CCIAOR in good standing;
- Have been a CCIAOR REALTOR® for the last 3 years;
- Have no finding of REALTOR® Code of Ethics Violations in the last 3 years;
- Must be associated with a firm with ten (10) or fewer members of CCIAOR;
- Have not served as CCIAOR Immediate Past President in the past 24 months;
- Have not resigned from the CCIAOR Board of Directors in the past 24 months;
- Have not served more than two (2) consecutive terms as a Director, including Secretary/Treasurer without a 24-month hiatus;
The Board of Directors is responsible for governing CCIAOR. The Board steers the organization towards a sustainable future by adopting sound, ethical, and legal governance and financial management policies, as well as by making sure CCIAOR has adequate resources to advance its mission.
Responsibilities of Board Members include:
- Attend the Leadership Orientation program in January and Board of Director meetings on a monthly basis;
- Adhere to the Policy Manual and Bylaws and fulfill fiduciary duties of care, loyalty and obedience;
- Determine and advance CCIAOR’s mission, purpose and strategic plan and shape the development of policies and initiatives that keep the organization on track;
- Conduct organizational planning, ensure adequate resources and provide resource and financial oversight including approval of the annual budget;
- Promote the organization and the value of being a REALTOR® and serve as a communication liaison between CCIAOR and its REALTOR® and affiliate members;
- Keep abreast of technology, business and regulatory changes that impact CCIAOR and its REALTOR® and affiliate members.
- Ensure legal and ethical integrity and maintain accountability;
- Support the CEO and staff and assess the performance of CCIAOR;
- Be an active participant in CCIAOR activities and programs;
- Help develop future leaders;
- Provide oversight of the Cape Cod & Islands Multiple Listing Service - CCIMLS (CCIAOR is the single shareholder of CCIMLS).