The Cape Cod & Islands Association of REALTORS® (CCIAOR) is governed by a volunteer, member-elected Board of Directors. The thirteen (13) member governing body sets the strategy, values, and direction of the Association. The Board of Directors is comprised of four (4) elected CCIAOR Officers (President, President-Elect, Immediate Past President, and Treasurer), five (5) elected regional representatives, two (2) elected brokerage-size representatives, and two (2) elected at large REALTOR® Members. Directors are elected for three (3) year terms.
To be eligible to run as Director you must meet the following criteria:
- Currently be a REALTOR® member of CCIAOR in good standing;
- Have been a CCIAOR REALTOR® for the last 3 years;
- Have no REALTOR® Code of Ethics Violations in the last 3 years;
- Have not served as CCIMLS Immediate Past President in the past 24 months;
- Have not resigned from the CCIMLS Board of Directors in the past 24 months;
- Have not served more than two (2) consecutive terms as a Director without a 24-month hiatus;
- For regional director seats (i.e. Upper Cape, Mid Cape, Lower Cape, Dukes County, and Nantucket Country Directors), must be affiliated with an office in that region.
For confirmation of qualification to serve, please contact CCIAOR Chief Operating Officer, Marissa Cyr at email@example.com or 508-957-4344
The Board of Directors is responsible for governing CCIAOR. The Board steers the organization towards a sustainable future by adopting sound, ethical, and legal governance and financial management policies, as well as by making sure CCIAOR has adequate resources to advance its mission.
Responsibilities of Board Members include:
Attend the Leadership Orientation program in January and Board of Director meetings held a minimum 4 times year (the President will set the schedule for meetings);
Adhere to the Policy Manual and Bylaws and fulfill fiduciary duties of care, loyalty and obedience;
Determine and advance CCIAOR’s mission, purpose and strategic plan and shape the development of policies and initiatives that keep the organization on track;
Conduct organizational planning, ensure adequate resources and provide resource and financial oversight including approval of the annual budget;
Promote the organization and the value of being a REALTOR® and serve as a communication liaison between CCIAOR and its REALTOR® and affiliate members;
Keep abreast of technology, business and regulatory changes that impact CCIAOR and its REALTOR® and affiliate members.
Ensure legal and ethical integrity and maintain accountability;
Support the CEO and staff and assess the performance of CCIAOR;
Be an active participant in CCIAOR activities and programs;
Help develop future leaders;
Provide oversight of the Cape Cod & Islands Multiple Listing Service - CCIMLS (CCIAOR is the single shareholder of CCIMLS).