The President of the Cape Cod & Islands Association of REALTORS® (CCIAOR) automatically ascends to Immediate Past-President the following year.
The Immediate Past President holds a seat on the CCIAOR Board of Directors and the CCIAOR Executive Committee. The CCIAOR Immediate Past President may be called upon to represent the Association at MAR and NAR events and meetings and to attend CCIAOR special events and programs. Additionally, the Immediate Past President serves as the chairperson of the CCIAOR Leadership Development Committee and serves as a member of the CEO Review Committee.
The Board of Directors is responsible for governing CCIAOR. The Board steers the organization towards a sustainable future by adopting sound, ethical, and legal governance and financial management policies, as well as by making sure CCIAOR has adequate resources to advance its mission.
Responsibilities of Board Members include:
- Attend the Leadership Orientation program in January and Board of Director meetings on a monthly basis (the 2021 President will set the schedule for meetings in 2021);
- Adhere to the Policy Manual and Bylaws and fulfill fiduciary duties of care, loyalty and obedience;
- Determine and advance CCIAOR’s mission, purpose and strategic plan and shape the development of policies and initiatives that keep the organization on track;
- Conduct organizational planning, ensure adequate resources and provide resource and financial oversight including approval of the annual budget;
- Promote the organization and the value of being a REALTOR® and serve as a communication liaison between CCIAOR and its REALTOR® and affiliate members;
- Keep abreast of technology, business and regulatory changes that impact CCIAOR and its REALTOR® and affiliate members.
- Ensure legal and ethical integrity and maintain accountability;
- Support the CEO and staff and assess the performance of CCIAOR;
- Be an active participant in CCIAOR activities and programs;
- Help develop future leaders;
- Provide oversight of the Cape Cod & Islands Multiple Listing Service - CCIMLS (CCIAOR is the single shareholder of CCIMLS).