The Cape Cod & Islands Multiple Listing Service, Inc. (CCIMLS) is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors appointed by the shareholder, the Cape Cod & Islands Association of REALTORS® (CCIAOR) Board of Directors. The CCIMLS Board of Directors is comprised of a President, five (5) At-Large Directors, and two (2) Industry Directors. Additionally, the CCIAOR Treasurer and the Martha’s Vineyard Multiple Listing Service, Inc. (MVMLS) President serve as ex-officio members of the CCIMLS Board.
The following At-Large Director seats are open on the 2021 CCIMLS Board of Directors:
- At-Large Director 1 (term 2021)
- At-Large Director 2 (term 2021)
- At-Large Director 3 (term 2021-2022)
- At-Large Director 4 (term 2021-2022)
To be eligible for the CCIMLS At-Large Director position, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a Participant or Subscriber of the Cape Cod & Islands Multiple Listing Service;
- Be a REALTOR® member of CCIAOR in good standing;
- Have been a CCIAOR REALTOR® for the last 3 years;
- Have no finding of REALTOR® Code of Ethics Violations in the last 3 years.
The Board of Directors is responsible for governing CCIMLS. The Board steers the organization towards a sustainable future by adopting sound, ethical, and legal governance and financial management policies, as well as by making sure CCIMLS has adequate resources to advance its mission.
- Attend the Leadership Orientation program in January and Board of Director meetings scheduled a minimum of 4 times a year;
- Adhere to the Policy Manual and Bylaws and fulfill fiduciary duties of care, loyalty and obedience;
- Determine and advance CCIMLS’ mission, purpose and strategic plan and shape the development of policies and initiatives that keep the organization on track;
- Conduct organizational planning, ensure adequate resources and provide resource and financial oversight including approval of the annual budget;
- Promote the organization and the value of being a member and serve as a communication liaison between CCIMLS and its members;
- Keep abreast of technology, business and regulatory changes that impact CCIMLS and its members;
- Ensure legal and ethical integrity and maintain accountability;
- Support the CEO and staff and assess the performance of CCIMLS;
- Be an active participant in CCIMLS activities and programs;
- Help develop future leaders.