The Medium Firm Director is elected for a three (3) year term to the Board of Directors. The Medium Firm Director must be associated with a firm that has between eleven (11) and thirty (30) Participants and Subscribers of CCIMLS.
To be eligible to run as Medium Firm Director you must meet the following criteria:
- Currently be a Participant or Subscriber of the Cape Cod & Islands Multiple Listing Service;
- Currently be a REALTOR® member of CCIAOR in good standing;
- Have been a CCIAOR REALTOR® for the last 3 years;
- Have no finding of REALTOR® Code of Ethics Violations in the last 3 years;
- Must be associated with a firm with eleven (11) to thirty (30) Participants and Subscribers of CCIMLS;
- Have not served as CCIMLS Immediate Past President in the past 24 months;
- Have not resigned from the CCIMLS Board of Directors in the past 24 months;
- Have not served more than two (2) consecutive terms as a Director, including Secretary/Treasurer without a 24-month hiatus.
The Board of Directors is responsible for governing CCIMLS. The Board steers the organization towards a sustainable future by adopting sound, ethical, and legal governance and financial management policies, as well as by making sure CCIMLS has adequate resources to advance its mission
- Attend the Leadership Orientation program in January and Board of Director meetings on a monthly basis;
- Adhere to the Policy Manual and Bylaws and fulfill fiduciary duties of care, loyalty and obedience;
- Determine and advance CCIMLS’ mission, purpose and strategic plan and shape the development of policies and initiatives that keep the organization on track;
- Conduct organizational planning, ensure adequate resources and provide resource and financial oversight including approval of the annual budget;
- Promote the organization and the value of being a member and serve as a communication liaison between CCIMLS and its members;
- Keep abreast of technology, business and regulatory changes that impact CCIMLS and its members;
- Ensure legal and ethical integrity and maintain accountability;
- Support the CEO and staff and assess the performance of CCIMLS;
- Be an active participant in CCIMLS activities and programs;
- Help develop future leaders.