The President of the Cape Cod & Islands Multiple Listing Service, Inc. (CCIMLS) is appointed for a two (2) year term. The President serves as the Chairperson for the CCIMLS Board of Directors with meetings held a minimum of four (4) times a year. The CCIMLS President is expected to represent the MLS at CCIMLS events and meetings and to serve as a spokesperson when called upon by the CEO. Additionally, when called on by the CEO, the President is expected to participate in the following meetings as a representative of CCIMLS:
- NAR Legislative Meetings (May)
- CCIMLS Conference (September)
- NAR Convention (November)
As President of CCIMLS, this individual will have the following responsibilities:
Governance of MLS Structures and Organizational Operations
- Collaborate with Staff and Management: Determine the MLS future direction and cultivate a culture to empower staff to execute the strategic plan; leadership allows for internal organizational structure to be created and managed by staff.
- Develop MLS Strategy and Goals: Determine the MLS's strategic vision; direct chief staff executive in developing MLS goals; monitor goal implementation.
- Facilitate Implementation of Objectives and Operations: Lead the board of directors in determining the MLS's vision and strategic outcomes; and manage the board’s relationship with the CEO.
- Review Committee Structure: Recommend to the Board of Directors appointments to committees, task forces, and groups through a collaborative process with staff and the Executive Committee.
- Review Budget: Lead the board of directors in approving a comprehensive budget as developed by staff; empower chief staff executive to make budget adjustments within established guidelines.
- Develop Strategic Analysis: Lead the MLS in an ongoing analysis that envisions, identifies, and implements strategic initiatives based on member needs.
- Exhibit Leadership in Networking Activities: Assume a visible leadership role at MLS functions.
Internal and External Relations
- Support and Develop Volunteer Leaders: Develop relationships and foster communication with committee chairs and other volunteer leaders; Work with chief staff executive to identify, develop and nurture future volunteer leaders.
- Cultivate Synergistic Relationships: Work with the chief staff executive in representing the MLS to the industry and cultivate relationships with vendors, consultants, other MLSs, strategic partners and allied organizations.
To be eligible for the CCIMLS President position, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a Participant or Subscriber of the Cape Cod & Islands Multiple Listing Service;
- Be a REALTOR® member of CCIAOR in good standing;
- Have been a CCIAOR REALTOR® for the last 3 years;
- Have no REALTOR® Code of Ethics Violations in the last 3 years.
The Board of Directors is responsible for governing CCIMLS. The Board steers the organization towards a sustainable future by adopting sound, ethical, and legal governance and financial management policies, as well as by making sure CCIMLS has adequate resources to advance its mission.
Responsibilities of Board Members include:
- Attend the Leadership Orientation program in January and Board of Director meetings held a minimum of four (4) times a year (the President will set the schedule for meetings);
- Adhere to the Policy Manual and Bylaws and fulfill fiduciary duties of care, loyalty and obedience;
- Determine and advance CCIMLS’ mission, purpose and strategic plan and shape the development of policies and initiatives that keep the organization on track;
- Conduct organizational planning, ensure adequate resources and provide resource and financial oversight including approval of the annual budget;
- Promote the organization and the value of being a member and serve as a communication liaison between CCIMLS and its members;
- Keep abreast of technology, business and regulatory changes that impact CCIMLS and its members;
- Ensure legal and ethical integrity and maintain accountability;
- Support the CEO and staff and assess the performance of CCIMLS;
- Be an active participant in CCIMLS activities and programs;
- Help develop future leaders.