The President-Elect of CCIMLS is elected annually for a one-year term and then automatically ascends to President the following year and Immediate Past President the year after that.
The President-Elect holds a seat on the CCIMLS Board of Directors (with meetings held on a monthly basis) and performs the duties of President in the President’s absence and carries out such duties as the President and/or Board of Directors may from time to time assign. The CCIMLS President-Elect may be called upon from time to time to represent the MLS at events and meetings and to serve as a spokesperson when called upon by the CEO. Additionally, the President-Elect is expected to attend MLS special events and programs.
As President of CCIMLS, this individual will have the following responsibilities:
Governance of MLS Structures and Organizational Operations
- Collaborate with Staff and Management: Determine the MLS future direction and cultivate a culture to empower staff to execute the strategic plan; leadership allows for internal organizational structure to be created and managed by staff.
- Develop MLS Strategy and Goals: Determine the MLS's strategic vision; direct chief staff executive in developing MLS goals; monitor goal implementation.
- Facilitate Implementation of Objectives and Operations: Lead the board of directors in determining the MLS's vision and strategic outcomes;and manage the board’s relationship with the CEO.
- Review Committee Structure: Recommend to the Board of Directors appointments to committees, task forces, and groups through a collaborative process with staff and the Executive Committee.
- Review Budget: Lead the board of directors in approving a comprehensive budget as developed by staff; empower chief staff executive to make budget adjustments within established guidelines.
- Develop Strategic Analysis: Lead the MLS in an ongoing analysis that envisions, identifies, and implements strategic initiatives based on member needs.
- Exhibit Leadership in Networking Activities: Assume a visible leadership role at MLS functions.
Internal and External Relations
- Support and Develop Volunteer Leaders: Develop relationships and foster communication with committee chairs and other volunteer leaders; Work with chief staff executive to identify, develop and nurture future volunteer leaders.
- Cultivate Synergistic Relationships: Work with the chief staff executive in representing the MLS to the industry and cultivate relationships with vendors, consultants, other MLSs, strategic partners and allied organizations.
To be eligible to run as President-Elect, you must meet the following criteria:
- Currently be a Participant or Subscriber of the Cape Cod & Islands Multiple Listing Service;
- Currently be a REALTOR® member of CCIAOR in good standing;
- Have been a CCIAOR REALTOR® for the last 3 years;
- Have no finding of REALTOR® Code of Ethics Violations in the last 3 years;
- Have served on the CCIAOR or CCIMLS Board of Directors or the Finance Committee in the last 3 years;
- Have not served as CCIMLS Immediate Past President in the past 24 months;
- Have not resigned from the CCIMLS Board of Directors in the past 24 months;
- Have not served more than two (2) consecutive terms as a Director, including Secretary/Treasurer without a 24-month hiatus.
The Board of Directors is responsible for governing CCIMLS. The Board steers the organization towards a sustainable future by adopting sound, ethical, and legal governance and financial management policies, as well as by making sure CCIMLS has adequate resources to advance its mission.
Responsibilities of Board Members include:
- Attend the Leadership Orientation program in January and Board of Director meetings on a monthly basis;
- Adhere to the Policy Manual and Bylaws and fulfill fiduciary duties of care, loyalty and obedience;
- Determine and advance CCIMLS’ mission, purpose and strategic plan and shape the development of policies and initiatives that keep the organization on track;
- Conduct organizational planning, ensure adequate resources and provide resource and financial oversight including approval of the annual budget;
- Promote the organization and the value of being a member and serve as a communication liaison between CCIMLS and its members;
- Keep abreast of technology, business and regulatory changes that impact CCIMLS and its members;
- Ensure legal and ethical integrity and maintain accountability;
- Support the CEO and staff and assess the performance of CCIMLS;
- Be an active participant in CCIMLS activities and programs;
- Help develop future leaders.