The Secretary/Treasurer of CCIMLS is elected annually for a one-year term. The Secretary/Treasurer serves on the CCIMLS Board of Directors and as Chairman of the CCIMLS Finance Committee. They are tasked with overseeing the financials of the MLS in accordance with the MLS’s financial policies and have check signatory authority.
The CCIAOR/CCIMLS Finance Committee meets quarterly to review financials of the Association and MLS. During the preparations for the following years’ budget, the Finance Committee would meet as needed for consideration and recommendation of a budget to the Board of Directors. The Finance Committee meeting schedule will be set by the Secretary/Treasurer.
To be eligible to run as Secretary/Treasurer, you must meet the following criteria:
- Currently be a Participant or Subscriber of the Cape Cod & Islands Multiple Listing Service;
- Currently be a REALTOR® member of CCIAOR in good standing;
- Have been a CCIAOR REALTOR® for the last 3 years;
- Have no finding of REALTOR® Code of Ethics Violations in the last 3 years;
- Have served on the CCIAOR or CCIMLS Board of Directors or the Finance Committee in the last 3 years;
- Have not served as CCIMLS Immediate Past President in the past 24 months;
- Have not resigned from the CCIMLS Board of Directors in the past 24 months;
- Have not served more than two (2) consecutive terms as a Director, including Secretary/Treasurer without a 24-month hiatus
The Board of Directors is responsible for governing CCIMLS. The Board steers the organization towards a sustainable future by adopting sound, ethical, and legal governance and financial management policies, as well as by making sure CCIMLS has adequate resources to advance its mission.
Responsibilities of Board Members include:
- Attend the Leadership Orientation program in January and Board of Director meetings on a monthly basis;
- Adhere to the Policy Manual and Bylaws and fulfill fiduciary duties of care, loyalty and obedience;
- Determine and advance CCIMLS’ mission, purpose and strategic plan and shape the development of policies and initiatives that keep the organization on track;
- Conduct organizational planning, ensure adequate resources and provide resource and financial oversight including approval of the annual budget;
- Promote the organization and the value of being a member and serve as a communication liaison between CCIMLS and its members;
- Keep abreast of technology, business and regulatory changes that impact CCIMLS and its members;
- Ensure legal and ethical integrity and maintain accountability;
- Support the CEO and staff and assess the performance of CCIMLS;
- Be an active participant in CCIMLS activities and programs;
- Help develop future leaders.