December 8th & 9th
9:00 am - 1:00 pm | Offered Online via PEARL
Agents must attend each class day in its entirety to receive CE Credit and to qualify for the AHWD Certification through NAR.
NAR's At Home with Diversity Certification Course meets CCIAOR's New Fair Housing Training Requirement, which each REALTOR® member of CCIAOR shall be required to complete between January 1, 2022, through December 31, 2024, in addition to completing NAR's Code of Ethics Training Requirement.
Earn 4 CE Credits for:
RE19RC20: Fair Housing
RE111RC20: Protecting the Protected Classes
About the Course:
The Cape Cod and Islands Association of REALTORS® is hosting a special virtual offering of the At Home With Diversity Certification Course with instructor Isabelle Perkins on December 8th & 9th, from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm online via CCIAOR's new platform PEARL! At Home With Diversity® (AHWD) is a NAR certification program designed to present a picture of the changing face of the real estate industry. The At Home with Diversity® course addresses the topics of diversity, fair housing, and business planning development. After successfully completing the course, REALTORS® are eligible to apply for the official AHWD certification, which conveys to clients they're working with a dynamic real estate professional with expertise that transcends cultural barriers.
Before applying to NAR / REBAC to receive the At Home with Diversity (AHWD) Certification, you must:
- Be a REALTOR® in good standing with NAR
- Complete the At Home With Diversity Certification Course
- Pay the one-time application fee
Agents who attend learn to:
- Assess and understand attributes of diversity in local markets and their impact on the real estate industry
- Develop an increased awareness of cultural and personal biases that may inhibit you from fully embracing diversity and creating a successful multicultural real estate business.
- Understand basic competencies to earn the confidence of potential buyers and sellers, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, handicaps, familial status, or national origin
- Learn inclusive, multi-cultural marketing and advertising strategies to broaden your client base.
- Formulate an inclusive business plan to help you create an enduring business that is able to adapt and evolve to an ever-changing marketplace.
- Build a business plan that minimizes risk and successfully services all types of clients
Early Bird Pricing - $60 for CCIAOR members and $80 for non-members
Cancellation / Refund Policy: A full refund will be provided if you cancel no later than November 31st. Starting on December 1st, all cancelations are subject to a $30 cancelation fee. No refunds will be issued for any cancelations on or after December 5th.
*REBAC Application Fee:
One-Time Application Fee - $40 ($75 if you apply after December 31, 2022)
As a part of the Right Tools, Right Now Program this is a discounted price through December 31, 2022, normally a $75 Application Fee.
This course is being offered in partnership with:
All attendees looking to receive State CE Credits must arrive prior to the start of the class. Per the Board of Registration of Real Estate Brokers and Salespersons “students must complete the total number of requisite hours. Breaks, tardiness or other interruptions are not to be included in the total number of hours.”