CE Credits Issued for RE111RC20: Protecting the Protected Classes in Real Estate
This BRAND NEW COURSE was developed by CCIAOR to help Real Estate Agents better understand the impact of human behavior when interacting with other people, as to prevent them from unintentionally discriminating against a protected class. Though we may not realize it, our reactions, assumptions, and unconscious thought processes can lead us into treating people differently. To help prevent discrimination agents must not only be fully familiar with the protected classes but also understand the impact of implicit bias and disparate impact on their behavior and activities. Only then can they provide equal service, equal treatment, and equal access to all. This course will also help real estate agents create strategies for providing equal service, to better understand the protected classes, and identify areas that may be affected by implicit bias.
Requirements for our Online CE Classes:
- Download Zoom to be prepared for class
- Join the room prior to the start of the class. Joining after the start time may result in not receiving credit.
- We suggest 10-15 minutes, allowing time to troubleshoot any issues you may have.
- Have your camera on for the duration of the entire class & be visible.
- We ask you to remain in one location for the duration of the course (ie. You are not to be driving or repeatedly changing locations).
- Be able to use Zooms the polls and chat function.
- Be able to click the join room function, if promoted to participate in a group activity in a breakout room.
All attendees looking to receive State CE Credits must arrive prior to the start of the class. Per the Board of Registration of Real Estate Brokers and Salespersons “students must complete the total number of requisite hours. Breaks, tardiness or other interruptions are not to be included in the total number of hours.”