CE Credits Issued for RE111RC20: Protecting the Protected Classes in Real Estate
Effective January 1, 2022, through December 31, 2024, in addition to completing NAR's Code of Ethics Training Requirement, each REALTOR® member of CCIAOR shall be required to complete ONE of the following requirements as part of our New Fair Housing Training Requirement:
- Protecting the Protected Classes Continuing Education CE Class (RE111RC)
- NAR’s At-Home with Diversity Certification
- NAR’s Bias Override: Overcoming Barriers to Fair Housing
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion – Why it Matters to RE Commercial Practitioners CE Class (RE111C21). Applicable only if the member's business is primarily commercial real estate.
Please note, as RE111RC20: Protecting the Protected Classes in Real Estate launched in 2021 and was heavily promoted, we are allowing those who took the class in 2021 to apply that course to the 2022-2024 Fair Housing Training Requirement.
Important in-person class updates:
- Though this is an in-person class, you will need to complete the course via PEARL to receive credit. Through PEARL, you will access your class materials before the course and your certificate after completion. You can access PEARL via your Member Dashboard under the 'My Account, Education & Events' section or by visiting pearl.cciaor.com. Note, it may take time for this course to be added to your PEARL account after registering.
- CCIAOR will only offer 4 in-person classes days in 2023 at our Association Offices in West Yarmouth. Note, only 2 in-person classes days remain. If you are looking for in-person classes, please plan accordingly.
- Starting in 2023, for regular in-person classes which did not have a fee to attend, if a member does not attend a class they registered for and has not canceled their registration at least 24 hours in advance of the class starting, a $25 no-show fee may be applied to their account.
- CCIAOR will no longer be providing class handouts for in-person classes. For those who would like the handouts during the class, please print them in advance of attending. A small amount of handouts will be available for a $5 fee at sign-in. Note, to comply with state law, the state-approved outline will be provided to all attendees.
All attendees looking to receive State CE Credits must arrive prior to the start of the class. Per the Board of Registration of Real Estate Brokers and Salespersons “students must complete the total number of requisite hours. Breaks, tardiness or other interruptions are not to be included in the total number of hours.”