February, 7th, 8th & 9th
9:00 - 1:00 pm | Offered Online via PEARL
Agents must attend each class day in its entirety to receive CE Credit and to quality for the SRES Designation through NAR.
Earn 6 CE Credits for:
RE104R18: Understanding the Basics of Reverse Mortgage
RE27RC07: 1031 Tax Deferred Exchanges
RE55R06: Leisure Homes, Second Homes & Age Restricted Housing
About the Course:
The Cape Cod and Islands Association of REALTORS® is hosting a special virtual offering of the Seniors Real Estate Specialist (SRES) Designation Course, with instructor Isabelle Perkins on February 7th, 8th & 9th online via PEARL!
The Seniors Real Estate Specialist (SRES) Designation Course, you'll build skills in key areas of senior real estate, like selling the family home and moving to an active-adult community. This course gives you the knowledge and expertise to guide homebuyers and sellers over the age of 50 through major financial and lifestyle transitions.
During this course, you will learn how to:
- Counsel rather than sell to seniors
- Develop and maintain relationship marketing
- Harness the power of generational demographics
- Create competitive differentiators
And gain practical knowledge and techniques, such as:
- Key differences in housing options, from age-restricted communities to assisted living
- Applications of the Housing for Older Persons Act (HOPA)
- Ins and outs of reverse mortgages
- How to use pensions, 401(k) accounts, and IRAs in real estate transactions
- Ways in which Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security affect real estate decisions of clients over 50
- How to recognize and protect clients from mortgage finance and loan schemes that target borrowers ages 50+
$199 for CCIAOR members and $250 for non-members
Cancellation Policy: A full refund will be provided if you cancel by January 30th. Starting January 31st, you will be refunded the registration cost minus a $50 cancellation fee. Starting on February 4th, no refunds will be provided if you cancel your registration.
*REBAC Dues - Cost of Maintaining SRES Designation:
New designees receive one-year of membership in the SRES® Council FREE.
Annual dues are $99 each year after that.
This course is being offered in partnership with:
All attendees looking to receive State CE Credits must arrive prior to the start of the class. Per the Board of Registration of Real Estate Brokers and Salespersons “students must complete the total number of requisite hours. Breaks, tardiness or other interruptions are not to be included in the total number of hours.”