CCIAOR Volunteer Appreciation Brunch and Installation Recap
November 25, 2019 Events & Programs Updates
Theresa Hatton, MAR CEO, swears in the 2020 CCIAOR/CCIMLS Board of Directors
CCIAOR recognized outgoing volunteer leadership and installed our 2020 Board of Directors at the 2019 Volunteer Appreciation Brunch and Installation of Officers, held November 22nd at the Oyster Harbors Club in Osterville.
This event recapped a busy year for the Cape Cod and Islands Association of REALTORS® and Multiple Listing Service, one which saw policy changes, new tools, and legislative/advocacy wins protecting homeownership and promoting housing availability. CCIAOR furthered its position as the leading voice for real estate in the region, and as one of the most innovative local REALTOR® associations in the country.
At the event, CCIAOR & CCIMLS swore in its leaders for the next year. The following members comprise the 2020 CCIAOR & CCIMLS Board of Directors:
- President: Greg Kiely, Sotheby’s International Realty
- President-Elect: Annie Blatz, Kinlin Grover Real Estate
- Treasurer/Secretary: Denise Holbrook, Cape Cod Real Estate Pros
- Immediate Past President: Joe Arnao, William Raveis Real Estate
- Small Firm Director: Laura Clements, Cove Road Real Estate
- Large Firm Director: Emily Clark, Robert Paul Properties
- At-Large Director: Jac Augat, Kinlin Grover Real Estate
- Upper Cape Director: Mari Sennott,. Today Real Estate
- Mid Cape Director: Deb Mason, ERA Cape Real Estate
- Lower Cape Director: Peggy Nye, William Raveis Real Estate
- Martha’s Vineyard Director: Courtney Marek, Sandpiper Real Estate
- Nantucket Director: Stephen Maury, Congdon & Coleman Real Estate
As part of its commitment to transparency, the organization distributed copies of the 2019 Annual Report, highlights of which were covered by CCIAOR CEO Ryan Castle during his presentation.
Outgoing 2019 President Joe Arnao reminded REALTORS® of their positive impact in the community during his remarks:
Incoming 2020 President Greg Kiely laid out CCIAOR’s priorities for 2020, and emphasized the importance of the role of the association as an advocate for homeowners, communities and the real estate industry. Greg also urged members to obtain the Cape Cod Real Estate Specialist Designation when it becomes available, and for participation in RPAC, the REALTORS® Political Action Committee.
Attendees also heard a presentation on the virtues of Client Oriented Real Estate (CORE), from real estate industry innovator and author Joe Rand. Joe’s talk touched on what REALTORS® can do to stay relevant in an industry that is constantly being disrupted, and how they can ‘bring the wow’ to client transactions. You can view and download Joe’s slides from his presentation here.