Cape Cod Real Estate Specialist.
The Sales Track is designed for practicing agents and distinguishes REALTORS® on Cape Cod who have a sustained record of local production and who have demonstrated a high level of professionalism in the real estate community.
You must meet the following criteria to be eligible for the CCRES Sales Track:
** If you have been a member for less than 3 years, you are still welcome to complete the designation requirements but you not be recognized as a CCRES until you meet the 3-year membership requirement. Additionally, the transaction requirement for new members is 12 transactions or $12 million in sales.
To obtain the CCRES Designation, you will need to complete 15 required units within a 12 month period. The required units include Continuing Education (CE) classes, online and in-person elective classes, MLS training and advocacy participation.
- Understanding Agency & Disclosures (2 units) This comprehensive class covers everything agents need to know about Agency and Disclosure to protect themselves from common ways of getting in trouble
- Transactions from Start to Finish (2 units) This informative class covers everything from the start of the transaction to the end including forms, best practices and what not to do when working a routine or complex real estate transaction.
- Pathways to Professionalism (2 units) Discover the best way to handle challenging situations through interactive peer discussions of real-life scenarios that you may encounter as an agent. Having the knowledge that will empower you to handle these situations well increases your level of professionalism and helps set you apart as a REALTOR®.
- How the MLS Makes the Market Work (1 unit) Learn how the Cape Cod MLS organizes and facilitates the orderly transfer of property and why understanding and following the rules raises the level of professionalism for everyone in our industry and how it benefits consumers.
- Fairhaven Training (1 unit) Successful completion of the NAR Fairhaven training is required as part of the designation. This online interative training presents you with real world situations that will help you better understand fair housing law, discrimination and implicit bias and empower you to be a better REALTOR®. Note you will need to login to your NAR account (or register your account if you haven't done so already) to access the training.
- Advocacy Participation Elective (1 unit) Participation at 1 legislative or advocacy focused event or contributing as an RPAC Major Investor will count toward the advocacy participation requirement, and will ensure that you are staying current with the critical political issues shaping the Cape Cod community and real estate market. Examples of events that meet the advocacy participation requirement include Day on the Hill (annually in June), Advocacy in Your Backyard events and REALTORS® for Clean Water events. You must attend at least 1 full hour of an advocacy class to receive CCRES credit.
- Professional Development Electives (6 units) Completion of 6 units of professional development electives, offered via on-demand classes or at online or in-person events and programs held by CCIAOR throughout the year, is required to obtain the CCRES Designation. You must attend at least 1 full hour of an elective class to receive credit. Members who serve on a CCIAOR or CCIMLS Committee, or have been appointed to a MAR or NAR committees by CCIAOR may count their service as 1 elective unit.
After you have obtained the Cape Cod Real Estate Specialist Designation, you will need to complete requirements on an annual basis to maintain your status and to keep your knowledge base and skill set up to date. To maintain your eligibility, you must remain a member in good standing of CCIAOR and CCIMLS and must have no violations of the Code of Ethics.
Additionally, the following requirements will have to be met the first calendar year after achieving the designation and each year afterward to maintain your status as a CCRES:
- Complete or supervise a minimum of 4 transactions or $4 million in sales in Barnstable County or the Town of Wareham
- Attend 1 advocacy event or participate as an RPAC Major Investor
- Complete 2 units of electives available online or through attendance at events and programs held throughout the year. Members who serve on a CCIAOR or CCIMLS Committee, or have been appointed to a MAR or NAR committees by CCIAOR may count their service as 1 elective unit.
Track Your Progress
Plan your path to becoming a specialist by tracking your progress with our downloadable CCRES Requirement Checklist. You can also access a tracking report in your Member Account to see what requirements you have completed so far: Access Your Tracking Report.
Apply to Become a Specialist
Have you completed all the designation requirements? If you meet the eligibility criteria and have completed the requirements for the Sales or Management track, click below to begin your application to become a Cape Cod Real Estate Specialist! Remember, all requirements must be completed within a 12-month period for you to receive the CCRES Designation.
The Sales Track is designed for practicing agents and includes Continuing Education classes that focus on transaction management and the information you need to be a successful and professional REALTOR® on Cape Cod.
The Management Track is designed for brokerage owners and managers who supervise transactions and may also practice real estate themselves. This track includes Continuing Education classes that focus on brokerage management best practices and the information you need to manage a productive and professional real estate business on Cape Cod.
Yes, members of established teams in CCIMLS are eligible to obtain the designation if they individually complete all the education requirements and meet the eligibility criteria. The transaction requirement for individuals on a team is different than for solo agents and depends on the number of team members as outlined below.
Required number of transactions* for an agent on a team based on the number of team members:
Teams of 2: 25 transactions or $25 million in a 3 year period
Teams of 3: 35 transactions or $35 million in a 3 year period
Teams of 4 or more: 45 transactions or $45 million in a 3 year period
*Transactions must be in Barnstable County or the Town of Wareham. The transaction period will be measured 3 years prior to the date of submitting an application to obtain the designation.
If you have been a member for less than 3 years, you must have no Code of Ethics violations and you must have completed or supervised 12 transactions or $12 million in sales in Barnstable Country or the Town of Wareham to be eligible to obtain the designation.
If you meet these criteria and complete the designation requirements within a 12-month timeframe, you can then apply to obtain the designation. Staff will hold your application and once you have reached the 3-year membership mark, you will be officially awarded the CCRES Designation. The 3-year membership length requirement is to ensure that you have had sufficient experience and time in the Cape Cod market to be distinguished as a specialist.
We have several tools to help you track your progress completing the CCRES Designation.
- CCRES Requirements Checklist: this PDF checklist can be downloaded and used to keep track of the requirements and your completion date for each.
- Member Account: you can track which requirements you have completed via a report accessible in your Member Account. Please click here for step-by-step instructions on accessing the report. Please note, this report will only be generated in your account once you have taken one of the required courses for the designation.
- If you have any questions about what requirements you have completed, you can also reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist.
Remember, all requirements must be completed within a 12-month period for you to receive the CCRES Designation!
If you meet the eligibility criteria and have completed the requirements for the sales or management track, you will need to submit your application to obtain the designation. Once CCIAOR staff has reviewed and verified your application, you will be officially awarded the designation and will be able to distinguish yourself as a Cape Cod Real Estate Specialist (CCRES). You will have access to the CCRES logo to include in your marketing materials and email signature and will also receive a special CCRES lapel pin. You will also be recognized via press releases and on CCIAOR email, social media platforms and at our signature events and programs.
Note, you will need to complete additional requirements on an annual basis to maintain the designation.
If you have further questions about the Cape Cod Real Estate Specialist Designation, please contact us at email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!